Wednesday, October 6, 2010

SF at the weekend & Development Frameworks - your thoughts on them...

I've just returned from a pleasant sojourn in SF. I'm there quite often and this time I decided to make proper use of my weekend. So for those of you looking for some suggestions above and beyond the usually tourist stuff here's my 2 cents -

1. Farmers Market - Saturday morning: Embarcadero (Ferry Building) - great organic fruit and veg from the California valley. Also plenty of food and drink stalls - great place for healthy indulgence.

2. Botanic Gardens - just off Martin Luther King drive - well worth the visit even in Autumn.

3. Commonwealth restaurant Mission St: http://commonwealthsf.com/
If crispy pig ears, carrot, radish, chili are your thing then this is the place to be. If not, it's still the place to be with plenty of alternatives.

4. Sunday Morning: Flea markets. I always like to visit the one in Bernal Heights - Alemany Flea Market - 100 Alemany (at Putnam) San Francisco, CA 94110. Also there is a monthly one at Candlestick Park (Candlestick Park Antiques & Collectibles Faire.) Check the web for dates.

5. Later: Drive up to Bolinas - pass Stinson beach and a few kms later you're there.
Stop by my friend David who sells his art there - http://davidjaap.com/about.html

Now back to work...

Thinking about developmment tools & frameworks - which to use and when.
I'm getting some ideas together comparing some offerings. Currently I'm looking at

- ADF
- Java FX
- Ruby on Rails

and would greatly appreciate your input - any heuristics you may have on these or others that you currently use.

for example -

ADF:
- MVC / JSF
- supports 4GL style development (ADF BC)
- etc.

Looking fwd to your input!

No comments: