Monday, July 2, 2012

BPM 11g - Extending Timers

Scenario: Order Process includes a timer e.g. we have to wait a certain amount of time for clearance before processing the order. This time may need to be extended e.g. for large orders etc.

Basic flow is as follows -



Extension achieved via an event sub-process.

Start -


I use a variable to set the Timer to 50 seconds -


Here I set the variable v_timerDuration to "PT50S"
Please see my previous blog postings for an in-depth on this format.
http://niallcblogs.blogspot.co.uk/2011/08/using-timers-in-bpm11g.html


I configure the WAIT as follows -


The Event sub-process is configured as follows -



I update the timer duration as follows -


I set an indicator to signal update -


This is queried in the Exclusive Gateway after the Wait.

I also add logging here -


Now the process assumes that updates are coming in the required format e.g. PT50S for an extension of 50 seconds. Naturally we can make this user friendlier.




No comments: